We offer the following First Aid & CPR and AED courses from Canadian Red Cross.
- Standard First Aid: A two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills
- Emergency First Aid: Introduction to First Aid concentrating primarily on CPR skills, controlling bleeding, treating shock and respiratory matters
- Standard First Aid Recertification: One-day Standard First Aid Re-certification course.
Knowing first aid gives people the confidence to help an injured person and helps save lives.
Standard First Aid
Anyone who needs training due to work requirements or who wants more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home or in public.
Emergency First Aid:
Those who would like to learn basic CPR skills.
Standard First Aid Recertification
Anyone who has taken Standard First Aid and whose certification has not yet expired.
First Aid training is offered in-house at our training facilities:
Ketek Head Office – Edmonton
10457 184 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5S 1G1
Ketek Operations Centre – Edmonton
20204 110 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB, T5S 1X8
Ketek – Fort McMurray
3001 Snow Eagle Dr, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 0J4
Ketek – Grande Prairie
41, 713068 Range Road 65, Grande Prairie, AB T8W 5E7
Standard First Aid: 16 hours (2 days)
Emergency First Aid: 8 hours
Standard First Aid Recertification: 8 hours
Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid Level C/CPR & AED– Recertification
Canadian Red Cross Standard First Aid Level C/CPR & AED
Canadian Red Cross Emergency First Aid
Advertised prices are based on course delivery within 50 km of Edmonton. Cost may vary based on client needs and location. Course length may vary depending on class size, student interaction, and skill level of participants.
Retail, Corporate and Preferred Corporate pricing is available.
*Course prices are subject to change at the discretion of Ketek Group Inc.
**All confirmed bookings will be honoured at advertised/quoted price at time of registration.
The health and safety of our clients and staff is our priority, and we look forward to continuing to provide you excellent service.
- Students will be assigned an equipment set including a manikin for their sole use during the class.
- Increased facility cleaning of frequent contact areas, training areas, classroom equipment, washrooms and lunchroom.
- Classrooms will be reconfigured to accommodate the maximum student limit while maintaining physical distancing requirements if requested by students.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the building.
- Masks are optional.
- Students should arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the start of class.
- Limited use of the lunchroom area. Alternative options include restaurants nearby that offer take-out and drive-through service.
- Covid Questionnaire to be completed before training begins. Anyone who cannot successfully answer the Covid Questionnaire or is feeling unwell is asked to stay home and we will reschedule the training.
Upon successful completion of the First Aid course, a certificate of completion will be emailed to you directly from Red Cross.
Re-certification: Every three years
All students are required to bring government-issued identification. If verification is not provided, the student will not be permitted to take the course.
Cancellation: 24-hours notice is required for all cancellations
- Late arrivals that are denied entrance to the class, or who fail to attend the class without notification (no-shows), will forfeit the full course fee.
- Qualified substitutions will be allowed up to the course start date in lieu of forfeitures.
Training in Edmonton, Fort McMurray and Grande Prairie
Training is fundamental to any successful business. Workers are continually exposed to new tasks, and with turnover and growth in many sectors of the economy, there is a constant influx of new workers being introduced to activities they have not done before. This knowledge and skill gap can be mitigated by a regimen of training courses.