The goal of our Fire Extinguisher course is to prepare you with the knowledge required to identify, assess, and manage fire and fire risks in their workplace.
After completion of the course participants will:
- Understand the combustion process and different fire classes.
- Understand fire extinguisher types, operating procedures, capabilities, and limitations.
- Understand basic firefighting concepts.
BullsEye uses advanced laser technology to simulate the discharge of an actual extinguisher for a completely clean, safe and effective training experience. BullsEye senses where the user aims and sweeps a laser training extinguisher and automatically varies the LED driven digital flames in response. Your trainees learn how to effectively use a fire extinguisher in a real world environment. Training can now take place completely indoors – from the conference room to the production floor”
SAFE: Relies on LED driven digital flames and a laser extinguisher for a completely safe training experience
Effective: The flames will only respond if the trainee is using the proper technique. Hundreds of trainees can be trained effectively in a single day.
Realistic: Extinguishers are complete with sound effects, properly weighted 10lb extinguisher for realism and muscle memory, as well as a timed discharge for friendly competitions.
- Safely trainly to OHS standards
- Eliminates time consuming set up and clean-up
- Allows training to take place entirely indoors
- Compact and mobile, making us even more accessible for your facility
- Grades users, making it easier to monitor improvement and proficiency
- Great for all ages, making it an excellent training tool for schools
The ability to identify fire risks and to respond appropriately if a fire does break out may prevent property damage and even save lives.
Anyone who is likely to use a fire extinguisher.
Fire Extinguisher training is offered in-house at our training facilities:
Ketek Head Office – Edmonton
10457 184 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5S 1G1
Ketek Operations Centre – Edmonton
20204 110 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB, T5S 1X8
Ketek – Fort McMurray
3001 Snow Eagle Dr, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 0J4
Ketek – Grande Prairie
41, 713068 Range Road 65, Grande Prairie, AB T8W 5E7
Course time: Approximately 2 hours
(includes practical component)
Fire Extinguisher training course price:
Advertised prices are based on course delivery within 50 km of Edmonton. Cost may vary based on client needs and location. Course length may vary depending on class size, student interaction, and skill level of participants.
Retail, Corporate and Preferred Corporate pricing is available.
*Course prices are subject to change at the discretion of Ketek Group Inc.
**All confirmed bookings will be honoured at advertised/quoted price at time of registration.
Upon successful completion of the Fire Extinguisher course, a certificate of completion will be provided.
Re-certification: Every three years
All students are required to bring government-issued identification. If verification is not provided, the student will not be permitted to take the course.
Cancellation: 24-hours notice is required for all cancellations
- Late arrivals that are denied entrance to the class, or who fail to attend the class without notification (no-shows), will forfeit the full course fee.
- Qualified substitutions will be allowed up to the course start date in lieu of forfeitures.
Training in Edmonton, Fort McMurray and Grande Prairie
Training is fundamental to any successful business. Workers are continually exposed to new tasks, and with turnover and growth in many sectors of the economy, there is a constant influx of new workers being introduced to activities they have not done before. This knowledge and skill gap can be mitigated by a regimen of training courses.