- Information about bear ecology and behavior
- The difference between defensive, non-defensive and predatory encounters
- Proper dealings with other predator encounters
- Explain how to avoid bear encounters
- Proper usage of bear deterrents
- Be able to identify North American Wildlife
This course is endorsed by the Canadian Association of Geophysical Contractors (CAGC), Canadian Association Petroleum Producers (CAPP), Petroleum Services Association of Canada (PSAC), and Sustainable Resource Development (SRD)
Novice, intermediate and supervisory level workers.
Suncor Approved Wildlife Awareness training is offered in-house at our training facilities:
Ketek Head Office – Edmonton
10457 184 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5S 1G1
Ketek Operations Centre – Edmonton
20204 110 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB, T5S 1X8
Ketek – Fort McMurray
3001 Snow Eagle Dr, Fort McMurray, AB T9H 0J4
Ketek – Grande Prairie
41, 713068 Range Road 65, Grande Prairie, AB T8W 5E7
4 hours in-class training with written knowledge evaluation. Practical component consisting of the use of inert bear spray.
Suncor Approved Wildlife Awareness training course price per person:
Advertised prices are based on course delivery within 50 km of Edmonton. Cost may vary based on client needs and location. Course length may vary depending on class size, student interaction, and skill level of participants.
Retail, Corporate and Preferred Corporate pricing is available.
*Course prices are subject to change at the discretion of Ketek Group Inc.
**All confirmed bookings will be honoured at advertised/quoted price at time of registration.
Upon successful completion of the Suncor Approved Wildlife Awareness course, a certificate of completion will be provided.
Re-certification: Every three years
All students are required to bring government-issued identification. If verification is not provided, the student will not be permitted to take the course.
Cancellation: 24-hours notice is required for all cancellations
- Late arrivals that are denied entrance to the class, or who fail to attend the class without notification (no-shows), will forfeit the full course fee.
- Qualified substitutions will be allowed up to the course start date in lieu of forfeitures.
Training in Edmonton, Fort McMurray and Grande Prairie
Training is fundamental to any successful business. Workers are continually exposed to new tasks, and with turnover and growth in many sectors of the economy, there is a constant influx of new workers being introduced to activities they have not done before. This knowledge and skill gap can be mitigated by a regimen of training courses.